Cleaning without harsh chemicals can be easy and even handy! Most of the ingredients you need to clean and deodorizer your home are already in your kitchen.
Here are 5 natural ways to clean around the house:
- Counter tops – For non-porous surfaces combine a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water into a spray bottle. Vinegar can be harmful to porous surfaces like granite, marble and stone however rubbing alcohol and even vodka are a good substitution.
- Stainless Steel – Add mild detergent to warm water. Use a non-abrasive sponge and wipe surface. Rinse using clean water and polish with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Refrigerator shelves & bins – Add a cup of baking soda to a bowl of water. Using a sponge, wipe down shelves and bins.
- Baked on Microwave Spills – Heat 1 cup of water for 2 to 5 minutes. The steam should loosen tough baked on soils. To remove tough odors, add a little lemon juice to the cup of water.
- Hard Water Deposits – Lemons and lemon juice can removes these hard water deposits. Make sure to rinse with clean water afterwards.