Fresh strawberry pie can be enjoyed year round! This pie is easy to prepare and every bite bursts with fresh fruit flavor. Makes 8 servings.
- 1-1/2 lbs. (about 5-6 cups) fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (9-inch) pre-baked pie crust
- (Optional) whipped topping
- Finely chop 2 cups of strawberries. Combine strawberries, sugar, 1/2 cup water, orange juice and orange zest in 2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 2 minutes; stir after 1 minute. Combine cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water in small bowl. Stir into strawberry mixture. Microwave on HIGH, 4-5 minutes, stirring once or until mixture thickens. Remove from microwave.
- Slice remaining strawberries in half. Stir into thickened strawberry mixture; spoon into pie crust. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until filling is set. Top with whipped topping, if desired.