This dessert is great to make when it’s too hot to bake. Serve with fresh raspberries or raspberry puree.
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Place butter in 9-inch round pie plate. Microwave on HIGH, 30-45 seconds or until melted. Add crumbs and sugar; mix well. Press mixture firmly in bottom of pie plate. Place plate in microwave; microwave on HIGH, 30 seconds. Remove from microwave; set aside.
- Place unwrapped cream cheese block on microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH, 1-2 minutes or until softened. Place softened cream cheese in large bowl. Beat cream cheese using electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour cream cheese mixture over graham cracker crust.
- Place chocolate morsels and milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 30-60 seconds, stirring every 20 seconds until melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture over cream cheese mixture. Using a knife, swirl chocolate into filling.
- Microwave on power Level 4, 16-18 minutes or until outer edge is set and center jiggles slightly. Remove from microwave; cool completely.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours until ready to serve.
*Use power Level 4 when microwaving to avoid overcooking custard-like mixtures such as cheesecakes.