There is no need to bake and wait for barbecue chicken. Dinner is ready and can be served in about 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 (4 lb.) broiler chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1-1/2 cups hickory-smoke-flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- Lightly spray 10-inch round microwave-safe casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Arrange chicken pieces bone-side down in casserole with thickest portions toward the outside of the casserole. Brush 1 cup barbecue sauce evenly over chicken pieces.
- Microwave, covered, on power Level 7, 25-30 minutes, turning over chicken pieces once after 15 minutes. Chicken is done when meat thermometer reads 170ºF when inserted in thickest portion of thigh. Let stand 8-10 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, place remaining barbecue sauce in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 45-60 seconds or until heated. Brush over chicken pieces before serving.
*Always make certain chicken is thoroughly defrosted prior to microwaving.
*Temperature of microwaved food will continue to rise during standing time.
*Use a deep, wide-rimmed microwave-safe casserole to prevent juices from spattering.