Colorful vegetables and perfectly cooked fish make eating solo very satisfying.
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, divided
- 1 orange roughy fillet (about 6 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice of lemon
- Arrange zucchini, carrots and onion in 1-quart microwave-safe casserole; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Place fish fillet over vegetables; sprinkle with remaining thyme and salt. Dot butter over fillet and vegetables. Place lemon slice over fish fillet.
- Microwave, covered, on power Level 7, 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Let stand, covered, 2-3 minutes before serving.
*A general rule is to allow 3-7 minutes per pound of fish fillets.
*Microwaving on power Level 7 allows fish to cook and be flaked easily with a fork, without overcooking or becoming tough. Always check fish at the minimum cooking time to avoid overcooking.
*Make certain that fish is completely thawed prior to microwaving.
*Always use a tight-fitting cover when microwaving fish. Lighter covers such as wax paper or paper towels allow steam to escape.