Smooth, creamy and yummy describe this restaurant-style sauce. You can also serve it over grilled chicken breasts or stuffed tortellini. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose fl our
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 package (9 oz.) fresh refrigerated fettuccine pasta, cooked
- Place butter in 1-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 20-30 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour, forming a thick paste. Gradually whisk in cream. Stir in garlic.
- Microwave on power Level 4, 4-5 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble (do not boil). Remove from microwave; whisk mixture. Add 1 cup of cheese, whisking until thickened. Drizzle over cooked pasta; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with remaining cheese.
*Shredded Parmesan cheese is sold in containers or tubs in most deli sections of supermarkets. Using shredded Parmesan cheese works best in this sauce, giving it a smoother and richer consistency.
*This sauce is extremely easy and foolproof to make in the microwave. Using power Level 4 allows the mixture to gently simmer to perfection. However, microwaving on HIGH will make the sauce boil and separate.