The green and orange of the acorn squash and the burgundy color of cranberries makes this side dish beautiful. It proudly sides with turkey or roasted pork.
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pierce each squash several times. Place on turntable in microwave. Microwave on HIGH, 4-5 minutes, turning over halfway through the time. Remove from microwave; let stand 2 minutes. Cut each squash in half, cutting from stem end to point. Remove seeds and stringy membrane. Place squash in 10-inch microwave-safe casserole.
- In medium bowl, combine cranberry sauce and cinnamon. Distribute mixture evenly into each squash. Cover with lid, leaving corner open to vent steam. Microwave on HIGH, 5-7 minutes. Let stand in microwave 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Spoon any juices over squash before serving.