The fresh-picked apple flavor is cooked up with a hint of cinnamon. This applesauce is great when served as a side or makes a yummy and healthy snack. Makes 1 quart (4 cups).
- 6 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground apple pie spice or cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in 3-quart microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap,
- leaving a corner uncovered to vent steam.
- Microwave on HIGH, 7-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Using a potato masher or hand-held blender, blend apple mixture to desired consistency.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate.
*Try using a combination of McIntosh and Golden Delicious apples. Or, experiment with your favorites.
*Applesauce freezes well and can be stored in individual serving-size freezer containers.