These bite-size snackers are great appetizers for your next party and are super simple to make.
- 1 1/2 cups Yellow Cornmeal
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Can (8 ounces) Cream-Style Corn
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 fresh Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease standard or mini muffin cups; set aside.
Place Cornmeal, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt in the bowl of your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Mix at low speed until just blended. In a separate bowl whisk Eggs, add Butter and Sugar and stir, add Buttermilk and mix gently.
Add Egg mixture to the Flour mixture in the bowl of your Stand Mixer. Beat at medium speed until just blended. Add Corn, Cheese and Peppers to the batter. Mix at low speed until combined. (Do not overbeat).
Fill muffin cups three fourths full. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving